I have confirmation of it booting Linux on:
- A ARM610 RiscPC
- A StrongARM RiscPC
Booting on pre-RiscPC machines is not yet implemented.
If you know of any other systems it works on please yet me know. For system for which
automatic detection is not yet implemented you will need to set the
GRUB enviroment variable "grub_arm_linux_sysid" to the value
required by Linux. Detection has been implemented for:
No installer has been written yet. Incompatable changes may be
Whilst GRUB is running, escape is remapped to Ctrl-Q
GRUB will not build with any currently released
RISC OS targeting compiler due to ELF and GNU AS being used. GCC 4
targeting arm-linux-gnu is known to work. GCC 3.2 or later should
These binaries only contain the RISC OS componments.
- Built using the sources and patches below, though to patch
I have a copy
of grub (2)
avaiable for download, to which the patches below may be
If building GRUB for RISC OS apply at least to patch 10. Patches
should be applied in the order listed.
- grub2-patch17.diff.gz (signature) (now in
- Fix ls and grub_vsprintf.
- grub2-patch11.diff.gz (signature) (now in
- Fix incorrect use of
- grub2-patch-mg2.diff.gz (now
- Marco Gerards' parser changes
- 64 bit disk address support, non - RISC OS bits.
- Linux/ADFS partition support, non - RISC OS bits. (signature)
- grub2-patch3c.diff.gz (signature) (partly in
- Core RISC OS support, portabilty fixes, genmk.rb
- grub2-patch6c.diff.gz (signature)
- Address space abstraction
- Linux/ARM loader,
mininum Linux version: 2.4.18-rmk6 or 2.5.17. Please note that as
this patch includes a header file from Linux, it is under the GNU
GPL version 2 only.
- grub2-patch18.diff.gz (signature)
- Add grub-mkfs to bulid a FAT12 fs for installing to RISC OS,
not finished. Requires patched